A professional learning community (PLC), is a group of educators that meets regularly, shares expertise, and works collaboratively to improve teaching skills and the academic performance of students https://bit.ly/2wJKpiv
The idea of PLC is extended to a wider concept in CIDS which includes teachers, students, professionals, intellectuals in higher learning institutions, industry, corporate, government and private agencies as well as individuals that serve as consultants.
Both teachers, students and other members of the communities will be able to share valuable information by interacting virtually that will benefit the student learning process,
CIDS invites participants from other various communities, to work collaboratively – sharing and contributing expertise, advice, opinions, views, and suggestions on improving knowledge and skills, towards fulfilling the current and future educational needs and challenges, with regards to employability issues in the era of IR4.0.
You may create your private community in your institution with teachers, students, administrators or others as members to serve the needs in the classroom practices.
You may register voluntarily according to your expertise in the specified group or by invitation from users of CIDS, or register as a learner (student) to communicate and share knowledge and experiences with others.
Companies, agencies are welcome to be a partner in this non-financial CSR program and the company’s logos will be displayed on the website. Further information can be obtained from our support team: [email protected] team
How to become a member of the PLC?
- You may register voluntarily according to your expertise in the specified group.
- By invitation from users of CIDS.
What is the role of PLC members?
- Contribute expertise, views, and advice in your respective areas through the communication features in the CIDS:
- Teaching methods, strategies, or innovations in learning & teaching practices.
- Knowledge or skill needed for learners’ future employability opportunities.
- Sharing digital or non-digital materials to enhance the classroom activities
- Information on the products/nature of works in your workplace /career opportunities, related to the principles of the topic studied in the classroom. Eventually, it will give a great impact in strengthening, motivating and inspiring learners towards a more dynamic learning and teaching process.
- Other forms of assistance to enhance teachers’ continuous professional development in achieving the 21st Century learning needs as well as industrial requirements establishing “a global personality” amongst learners.
Various communities created for users to join as members.
Professors, lecturers in the higher institution. Researchers.
Lecturers in the Teacher’s Institute of Education
Others related to educational practices
Industrial and corporate sectors. Engineers, architects, designers, entrepreneurs. Scientists. Lawyers, etc.
Expert teachers who directly involved in classroom practices.
Teachers with special skills
Officials from School or Higher institution. Personnel from Ministry of Education. Personnel from other ministries.
Personnel /managers from industrial and corporate sectors.
Researchers involved in various fields of research
School students at various levels, undergraduates, trainee teachers etc.
A self-created community exclusively for selected members or invited members only.
Teachers may use information from their video chatting and video conferencing sharing sessions with various PLC members as a value added in their learning and teaching process, especially the relationship between what is being taught in the class to the fulfillment of the needs and requirements of the industries at the workplace.