What is Collaborative Instructional Design System (CIDS)
- The Collaborative Instructional Design System (CIDS), is the instructional planning system comprises of The Integral ASIE Instructional Design Model, and, special features of the Professional Learning Community, or PLC.
What is An ASIE ID Model?
- It is An Integral ASIE Instructional Design Model
- ASIE stand for Analyze, Strategize, Implement and Evaluate
- It is an approach of instructional planning for teachers/instructors in schools and higher education institutions in the 21st century teaching & learning environment.
What is Professional Learning Community?
- A professional learning community, or PLC, is a group of educators that meets regularly, shares expertise, and works collaboratively to improve teaching skills and the academic performance of students.
- Collaborative Instructional Design System (CIDS) invites participants from other various communities, such as professionals, either in academic or corporate sectors and administrators to work collaboratively – sharing and contributing expertise, advice, opinions, views and suggestions on improving knowledge and skills, towards fulfilling the current and future educational needs and challenges, with regards to the employability issues.
Why needs a new ID model?
- In the era of 21st century teacher education, transformation in the field of instructional design is an important requirement which enable teachers/instructors facing the growing challenges of complex, changing and fragile world in fulfilling the needs of 4Cs (critical thinker, communicator, collaborator, creator) developing “a globally competitive personality” which lead to the “employability” issues.
- ASIE is a value added model to the aspects, elements and items of existing models.
- This model emphasis more on learning rather than solely instruction delivery.
- Its moves from adopting a standard approach to developing models that could be customized to the 21st century needs of each learner and thereby creating a much better learning experience both in classroom and online.
It is an important element as it has an impact on the teachers’ instructional planning as well as learners’ learning process.
The model is developed as an alternative solution to the challenges mentioned for schools and institutions of higher learning in the 21st century learning environment.
ASIE model highlighted features that are related to the 21st century learning & teaching requirements.
Multiple Integration Worksheet (MIW) is an overall planning mechanism based upon the 4 components of the model, used to guide instructors/ teachers in the process of formulating & integrating the best possible practices of the instructional planning strategies.
- The model is developed based upon sound theories and principles of instructional design and current educational trends and issues.
Who are the users of ASIE Model?
- teachers, instructors, instructional leaders
How to access ASIE Model?
- Download reading materials on An ASIE Instructional Design Model (https://asiemodel.net)
- Two ways/modes of instructional planning
- conventional – following procedures in the model to plan the instruction
- on-line – online planning – enable sharing of planning materials among users
- Do ASIE users need training?
- it is advisable – for deeper understanding of the model and effective impact upon the instructional planning.
How to attend the training session?
- Training session can be organized by specified institution
Do you organise training session openly?
- Yes, occasionally. Get information from the announcement
- Event management/private organization are welcome to organize the training
How to get the ID model?
- click “Get your free ID Model” at the Home page of the web-site (https://asiemodel.net)
Will you be able to conduct training/workshop for specified group?
- Yes, contact us for details
Are you willing to attend as a guest speaker/keynote speaker for a seminar/conference?
- Yes, contact us for details